Just a quick note to acknowledge the happy news that I received and accepted a job offer this morning, thus putting an end to a very long and difficult two years of my life.
Next week I’ll begin work as a UI Developer at a digital agency in downtown Boston. I have wanted to change careers and move in this direction for a very long time and it looks like the stars finally aligned for me after I learned how to be smarter and work harder for it. Hopefully I’ll now be in a better position to find work in the future.
Now to deal with a bit of bad luck. Last week I called my nice landlord to let him know that I could no longer afford the apartment I had lived in for five years. And then out of the blue I landed an interview followed by a surprise job offer. I called my landlord immediately, six days after I had first spoken to him, and learned that he had already rented the apartment.
Ah well. Given the choice between a job and an apartment, I’ll take it.
So here’s to new beginnings. And thanks for your support here when my hopes were wavering last week.
25 Notes/ Hide
- scholvin said: Excellent news! Congrats.
- scholvin likes this
- sistacrumpet likes this
- treets likes this
- smartgoat likes this
- irregardlessly likes this
- wordishness likes this
- texburgher said: So happy to hear this. Congratulations!
- texburgher likes this
- dresspants said: So good. Here’s to better things ahead
- dresspants likes this
- iamjustcara likes this
- smartgrrrl said: That is FANTASTIC NEWS. I am so thrilled for you! Yay!!
- smartgrrrl likes this
- rsmallbone likes this
- girl-detective said: Congrats!
- suitep likes this
- froggeek said: Well done, buddy. I’ll drink a beer in your honor tonight!
- nicky36 said: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
- lafix likes this
- froggeek likes this
- nicky36 likes this
- lowindustrial likes this
- lefauxfrog posted this